Friday, August 22, 2008

Course Objectives

After speaking with Dr. Piercy on August 20th I am still trying to figure out which book I should use to aid me in learning ASP.NET. I have made contact with some people in the consulting field to get an idea of what I should be learning. Below is a list of some of the topics that I will be learning for this course.
  • Use Microsoft ASP.NET to build Web Forms application
  • Create user services, including user inputs, and online help.
  • Access and modify data with Microsoft ADO.NET.
  • Build and reuse custom Web Controls.
  • Manage applications appearance and behavior with Style Sheets and XML.

The above is a summary of topics I wish to cover. Like most course layouts it may be modified as Dr. Piercy and I take on ASP.NET. On August 25th I should have a tentative schedule.

No comments: